TPP Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
TPP is proud to support equality, diversity and inclusion in our local community and in society more widely. We are determined to make sure this is reflected in our workforce, and are committed to preventing unlawful and unfair discrimination of any kind.
- Equality is about removing prejudice and barriers, and making sure all people have fair and equal opportunities.
- Diversity is about respecting and valuing people’s differences and treating them in an appropriate way.
- Inclusion is about making sure that people feel comfortable to be themselves, and feeling that they belong.
We believe that it is important for these values to be embedded in everyday life, and want to make sure that work at TPP is based on these values. We believe that encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion at TPP can help to:
- create a more positive and supportive workplace;
- increase the range of ideas and perspectives that are put forward in the day-to-day running of the company;
- keep our staff happy and motivated;
- assist with problem-solving in the company;
- encourage equality, diversity and inclusion in the wider community;
- better serve our diverse customer base; and
- make TPP more successful in improving health and care in the UK and around the world.
At TPP, our aim is for all of our employees and job applicants to be given equal treatment and opportunities, and for our staff to be representative of all sections of society and of our diverse customer base.
When providing our products and services, we are also committed to preventing any unlawful or unfair discrimination against our customers or the public.
The purpose of this policy is to help ensure that:
- we provide equality, fairness and respect for all of our employees, job applicants and the people that we work with;
- we do not unlawfully discriminate against anyone based on the protected characteristics under the Equality Act (2010): age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation;
- we oppose and avoid all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. This includes in pay and benefits, terms and conditions of employment, dealing with grievances and discipline, dismissal, redundancy, leave for parents, and selection for employment, promotion, training or other developmental opportunities.
We are wholeheartedly committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all aspects of employment, recruitment and conducting business. We will seek to achieve this by:
- developing and implementing recruitment and selection processes that are open and fair, and that enable the selection of people based on their skills and talents;
- creating an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all team members are recognised and valued;
- making training, development, and progression opportunities available to all staff;
- providing equal pay for work of equal value and offering equal benefits to all employees;
- promoting an environment free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation, and tackling any behaviour that breaches this;
- encouraging anyone who feels that they have been subject to discrimination to raise their concerns so we can address this and apply corrective measures as appropriate;
- making all employees aware of their responsibility for promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in their work.
All of TPP’s staff must adhere to the TPP Equal Opportunities Policy, which provides further guidance on equality, diversity and inclusion.
Breaches of this policy will be dealt with in accordance with TPP’s Disciplinary and Performance Improvement Procedure and TPP’s Grievance Procedure.
The following external sources of information may also be useful in providing greater understanding:
We take all complaints of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination by fellow employees, customers, suppliers, visitors and the public in the course of our work extremely seriously.
If you believe that you have suffered discrimination by us, you can raise the matter with us directly. All complaints will be treated in confidence and investigated as appropriate.
This policy will be reviewed on a regular basis and amended appropriately.